What: "All Hail the Ale!" Night Ride on the Towpath Trail
When: Saturday, August 23, 2014
Where: Century Cycles, 1621 Main St, Peninsula, Ohio
Decorate yourself or your bike in tribute to the event theme "All Hail the Ale!" While beer costumes are not required, they are highly encouraged. Those in costume will have a chance to win prizes, plus they won't have their beer loyalty questioned.
Schedule of events:
- 6:30pm - Riders check in at the store parking lot, and enjoy cycle-your-own-smoothies from our famous Blender Bike.
- 7:30pm - Drawings for door prizes from Century Cycles and Sierra Nevada Brewing Company begin, followed by selection of the best costume winner for the grand prize.
- 8:00pm - Ride begins; we'll head south on the Towpath Trail, about 7 miles each way to the Botzum Trailhead, where you'll enjoy Oktoberfest-themed snacks to fuel you up for the ride back to The Winking Lizard.
At the post-ride party at The Winking Lizard Tavern next door, enjoy the following exlusive tappings from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company:
- In the restaurant and bar upstairs:
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
- Sierra Nevada Nooner Session Ale
- In the Lizard Cellar:
- Ovila Abbey Quad with Plums collaboration (with Abbey of New Clairvaux)
- Maillard's Odyssey Imperial Dark Ale collaboration (with Bell's Brewery)
- There and Back Again English Bitter collaboration (with New Glarus Brewing)
- Chico King Pale Ale collaboration (with Three Floyds Brewing)
For general information about Century Cycles' Night Rides on the Towpath Trail, including directions to the store and tips on how to prepare for the ride and riding safely, see: www.centurycycles.com/for/NightRides
While the Night Ride is FREE and requires no advance registration, Night Riders must sign a waiver before participating and are responsible for the purchase of their own beer and food at the Winking Lizard. This ride is at night, in the dark woods on an un-lit trail. That is why bicycle lights and helmets are REQUIRED. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult; young adults under 21 should ignore all the excitement about the beer tapping. Finally, make sure those beer costumes don't hang or catch in a bicycle's spokes or chain (falling off your bike tends to ruin the fun) and that you can still wear your bike helmet in costume.
Post a Comment