Century Cycles carries a full line of Thule bicycle racks for cars, SUVs, and trucks in all three of our stores (Medina, Peninsula, and Rocky River). Thule (pronounce it "TOO-lee") is a company based in Sweden, but all of their bike racks sold in the USA are also made right here in the USA, in one of their factories located in Connecticut or Colorado.
You can purchase your bicycle rack worry-free from Century Cycles, because we'll do the research to make sure we pick the right rack the fits your vehicle, we'll assemble it free of charge, and also install it free of charge--all while showing you how to properly install and use it so you can be sure it's safe every time.
A "trunk rack" is a bicycle carrier that straps to the rear of your vehicle. Most models will work with most cars, SUVs, vans, and some pickup trucks. The entry-level Thule Passage 910XT holds one or two bicycles for only $149.99. A three-bike version (Thule Passage 911XT) is available for $169.99.
|Thule Passage 910XT trunk rack|
|Thule Raceway Pro trunk rack|
|Thule Spare Me Pro bicycle rack|
A hitch-mounted bicycle rack attaches to a towing receiver hitch on the rear of your vehicle. If you don't have a receiver hitch, check at your local camper center or towing supply shop, and they can usually install them on most vehicles for a reasonable price. Hitch receivers come in a width of either 1.25 inches or 2 inches. Some hitch racks work with both sizes, but some are made for a specific size hitch. Most hitch racks have a feature that allows the rack to tilt down so you can access your trunk.
The Thule Vertex is an economical hitch rack available in three versions; all include a built-in hide-away cable lock:
- Thule Vertex 2-Bike 9028XT $259.99 - fits in 1.25" and 2" hitches
- Thule Vertex 4-Bike 9029XT $299.99 - fits in 1.25" and 2" hitches
- Thule Vertex 5-bike 9030XT $329.99 - fits in 2" hitches only
|Thule Vertex hitch rack|
Step up to the Thule Helium Aero series, and you get a rack with aluminum construction that's nearly half the weight of comparable racks. You also get the Auto-Attach hitch that slides into your 1.25" or 2" receiver and locks in place without any tools.
|Thule Helium Aero hitch rack|
The Thule Doubletrack 990XT ($329.99) holds two bikes, and features a lower-to-the-ground design that's much easier to load, and works much better with cruiser bikes, ladie's bikes, and other bicycles with non-standard frames. It includes all of the locks and keys needed to secure the rack to your vehicle and the bikes to the rack. Works with both 1.25" and 2" hitches.
The Thule T2 Pro is a top-of-the-line hitch rack for cyclists who want the ultimate in security and ease of use. Out of the box, it holds any bike with wheels sizes from 20 inches up 29 inches, including fat bikes with tires up to 5 inches wide! Also features the Auto-Attach system for quick tool-free installation and removal.
- Thule T2 Pro 9035 $549.99 - fits 1.25" receivers, carries 2 bicycles
- Thule T2 Pro 9034 $549.99 - fits 2" receivers, carries 2 bicycles
- Thule T2 Pro 2-Bike Add-On 9036 $399.99 - for 2" receivers only, expands the carrying capacity of the T2 Pro 9034 from 2 bikes to 4 bikes
|Thule T2 Pro hitch rack|
Cargo boxes provide extra storage space on top of your vehicle to carry luggage, skis, or snowboards. They come in a variety of sizes to fit your needs!
The Thule Force offers value and space with key conveniences, including tool-free Quick-Grip mounting system that works on Thule roof rack systems with square or aerodynamic load bars, round load bars, and most factory load bars. They can be opened and loaded from both the left or right sides. Currently in stock (Medina or Rocky River only; call us to verify availability):
- Thule Force M 624 $469.99 - 13 cubic feet of cargo capacity.
- Thule Force XL 625 $529.99 - 17 cubic feet of cargo capacity, 6 to 8 pair of skis or 4 to 6 snowboards (max 198cm in length)
- Thule Force XXL 626 $599.99 - 21 cubic feet of cargo capacity, 10 to 12 pair of skis or 6 to 8 snowboards (max 220cm in length)
|Thule Force XXL roof-top cargo box|
The Thule Sonic features tool-free AcuTight mounting that works on Thule roof rack systems with square or aerodynamic load bars, round load bars, and most factory load bars. They can be opened and loaded from both the left or right sides. Currently in stock (Medina or Rocky River only; call us to verify availability):
- Thule Sonic M Black 634B $569.99 - 13 cubic feet of cargo capacity, up to 3 or 4 snowboards (max 158cm in length)
- Thule Sonic XL Black 635B $659.99 - 17 cubic feet of cargo capacity, up to 6 to 8 pair of skis or 4 to 6 snowboards (max 201cm in length)
- Thule Sonic Alpine Black 633B $599.99 - 11 cubic feet of cargo capacity
|Thule Sonic roof-top cargo box|
Roof Rack Systems
If your vehicle does not have factory load bars on the roof, we can outfit you with a Thule roof rack system. In most cases, parts for a roof rack system are special-order, so plan ahead. An installation charge of $60 per hour will apply; most installations take 1 to 2 hours.
Once you have a roof rack system, in addition to cargo boxes, you can use roof-mounted bike carriers. Some require removal of your front wheel, some do not. Stop in and talk to us about the various options!