After years of planning and fundraising, the Cleveland Velodrome opened in August of 2012. The Velodrome had a very good first season (albeit a short one) with total attendance of over 3,000 and nearly 250 riders having completed the Track 101 (Learn to Ride) program. The 2013 season opens May 1 and features more and better programming as well as a full race schedule.
As such, below are some key dates to keep in mind for the next 30 to 60 days. Mark your calendars!
- April 13 – (11:00am to 2:00pm) – Velodrome and Grounds Maintenance Day. Staff and volunteers will do trash pickup, painting and general clean up. Ride afterwards if weather permits.
- April 17 – (12:40 to 2:00pm) - Tour of Velodrome and abbreviated Track 101, with 25 7th graders from University School. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your own group outing or event.
- April 19th (5:00 to 8:00pm) – 2013 Season Kick Off Happy Hour at Sokol Greater Cleveland. Learn about the track's plans and schedule for the 2013 season. Same basic format as previous Happy Hours except for more and fabulous door prizes, fixed gear roller racing, and discounted 2013 season passes.
- May 1 – Opening Day. Free hot dogs and beverages. More info to follow on Opening Day schedule and events.
- Track 201 (Learn to Race). Starting Wednesday May 1 and continuing every Wednesday thru June 5th (5:30pm to 7:00pm). To reserve a spot, please respond to email@example.com and include in Subject line “Track 201.”
- First Race of the 2013 season is Thursday May 23 from 6:30 to 8:00pm.
See the Cleveland Velodrome web site for the complete race schedule and the event calendar.