The postcard has tips for Ohio bicyclists on one side, tips for Ohio motorists on the other, with a good dose of mutual respect all around.
Share the Road Tips for Ohio Bicyclists:
- Obey all traffic laws. Bicycles are legal vehicles; drive yours accordingly.
- Never ride against traffic. It is illegal and unsafe.
- Ride with respect -- single file when traffic is present, allowing cars to pass when it is safe.
- Be visible. Wear bright and reflective clothing. Use head and tail lights from dusk to dawn.
- Be sure you are see: Make eye contact with drivers.
- Wear a properly-fitted helmet.
- Be predictable. Don't pass stopped or moving cars on the right.
- Ride one door-width from parked cars.
- Stay alert to stay safe.
Share the Road Tips for Ohio Motorists:
- Bicycles are legal vehicles and may use the full lane to prevent unsafe passing.
- Wait until it is safe to pass. Courteous bicyclists will accomodate you then.
- Drive at least three feet from bicyclists.
- Stay behind bicyclists when turning right.
- Make eye contact so bicyclists know you see them.
- Look for bicyclists before opening car doors.
- Avoid startling bicyclists by honking. Motor vehicles are usually easy to hear.
Post a Comment