Due to the Towpath Marathon running race, the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail will be CLOSED beginning at 5:00pm on Saturday, October 8. The trail will remain closed the through the morning of Sunday, October 9, and most of that afternoon.
Note the during the period that the Towpath Trail is closed, our Bicycle Rentals in Peninsula will NOT be available.
Also be aware that while the Towpath Trail is closed, the trailheads and parking lots in the affected area of the trail will also be closed and not available for public use. This includes the Botzum Trailhead at the southern end, the Lock 29 Trailhead in Peninsula, and the Lock 39 Trailhead (near Rockside Road) to the north.
Saturday, October 8:
- 1:30pm - Last call time for bicycle rentals in Peninsula
- 3:00pm - Century Cycles stores close
- 5:00pm - Towpath Trail and trailheads closed within CVNP
- 12:00pm - Century Cycles stores open for normal sales and service hours
- Bike rentals in Peninsula available when Towpath Trail re-opens.
- 3:30pm - Last call time for bicycle rentals
- 5:00pm - Century Cycles stores close at normal time