Friday, October 14, 2011
All Hail the Ale Night Ride's Eve
You love beer? You love bikes? This is the event for you! It's a FREE nighttime bicycle ride that begins at Century Cycles in Peninsula (1621 Main Street/Route 303) and will end with a special Cleveland Beer Week tapping of cask-conditioned Sierra Nevada Dry Hop Torpedo beer at the Winking Lizard Tavern next door. (The first 50 riders at the Winking Lizard will get a carabiner bottle opener from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company!)
For more information, go to www.centurycycles.com/for/CleBeerWeek or call Century Cycles at 330-657-2209.
Here are the latest event details:
• BIKE RIDE: Pedal your bicycle with a crowd of fellow bike-and-beer lovers on a 13-mile nighttime bicycle ride on the Towpath Trail. It will roll out at 7:30 p.m., but plan to arrive earlier to admire your fellow rider’s beer-inspired garb, take a spin on the Blender Bike, and enjoy the pre-ride festivities. Rain or shine. No pre-registration necessary. Bike lights and helmets are REQUIRED.
• FOOD: At the ride’s halfway point, there will be Oktoberfest-themed snacks – pretzels, sausages, cheeses and other salty delicacies – to fuel the ride back to the Winking Lizard Tavern and make you REALLY thirsty for some good beer.
• POST-RIDE BEER: After the ride, head to the Winking Lizard Tavern in Peninsula for a special tapping of a cask-conditioned Sierra Nevada Dry Hop Torpedo. Not to be a buzzkill, but there will be no beer allowed or distributed on the Night Ride until the tapping and Night Riders are responsible for their own bar tab.
• A GOOD CAUSE: The All Hail the Ale Night Ride is free and no pre-registration is required. However, bring a few extra bucks, because the All Hail the Ale Night Ride wants to further celebrate Cleveland Beer Week by supporting its charity, the Malone Scholarship Fund. Cash donations will be collected pre-ride and post-tapping. The first 27 people who donate will receive a free Yehuda Moon book.
• MORE CLEVELAND BEER WEEK FUN: Century Cycles is also donating a bicycle to the silent auction to benefit the Malone Scholarship Fund at BREWzilla, the party that culminates Cleveland Beer Week. For a chance to bid on the bicycle and other auction items donated by local breweries and companies (plus enjoy more amazing beer), attend BREWzilla on October 22. Tickets and info are at http://www.clevelandbeerweek.org/.
Just a reminder:
While the Night Ride is FREE and requires no advanced registration, Night Riders must sign a waiver before participating and are responsible for the purchase of their own beer and food at the Winking Lizard. This ride is at night, in the dark woods on an un-lit trail. That is why bicycle lights and helmets are REQUIRED. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult; young adults under 21 should ignore all the excitement about the beer tapping. Finally, make sure those beer costumes don’t hang or catch in a bicycle’s spokes or chain (falling off your bike tends to ruin the fun) and that you can still wear your bike helmet in costume.
See you tomorrow night!
Posted by Anonymous at 3:45 PM
Labels: All Hail the Ale Night Ride, Night Ride
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment