The Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail will be closed between the Lock 29 Trailhead and the Boston Store Visitor Center from today (Monday Sept. 19) through Wedneday, Sept. 21.
Please note that the Lock 29 Parking Lot will be CLOSED between 7:00am and 6:00pm on these days. This means that you will NOT be able to access the Towpath Trail to go north or south from Lock 29 during this time.
Our rental bike service in Peninsula will remain open during this time. However, note that you will need to make a brief detour to access the Towpath Trail. There are two detour options to head south on the Towpath:
- From our store, turn right onto Main Street (State Route 303).
- Go across the bridge, and take the next left onto Canal Street.
- The street will dead-end, and you will turn left onto a small access trail.
- At the end of the access trail, turn right to proceed south on the Towpath Trail.
- From our store, go across the street (Main Street / State Route 303).
- Turn right and walk up the sidewalk on the left side of the bridge.
- Just after the end of the bridge, step over the guardrail to access a set of stairs. Please step carefully, as the guardrail is about three feet high, and the stairs may be wet.
- At the bottom of the stairs, turn right to proceed south on the Towpath Trail.
Post a Comment