The bike tour returns in 2015 with a new name, new route, and new destination as the Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway. The two-day 150-mile ride on August 1-2, 2015 still starts in Brunswick, Ohio, with the overnight stop at Ashland University in Ashland, Ohio. One-day ride options of 30, 75, or 100 miles are also available.
Century Cycles steps it up a notch this year by joining forces with the Left Hand Brewing Company of Longmont, Colorado to form Team Left Hand/Century Cycles!
In their eighth year of riding, Team Left Hand consists of riders from across the U.S. who volunteer their time and effort to help the National MS Society fund research, advocate for change, and help people living with MS. Team Left Hand has participated in Bike MS events in Colorado and North and South Carolina, Florida, and for the first time, Ohio.
"Bike MS isn't just a two-day event; it’s an enduring commitment to making a difference in the fight against MS," states Chris Lennert, Left Hand's national Team Captain. The team’s inspiration lies in the friends and family afflicted by Multiple Sclerosis, motivating each member to work towards their personal goal of raising at least $1000 a year.
Scott Cowan, Owner of Century Cycles and Captain of Team Left Hand/Century Cycles, adds, "We are going to be a formidable team! Everyone here at Century Cycles and all of our riders are really looking forward to the collaborative efforts at hand (pun intended) and welcome Left Hand Brewing to the Buckeye Breakaway!"
Membership in the team is open to the public for anybody interested in participating in the Bike MS Buckeye Breakaway ride. Team Left Hand/Century Cycles members will have access to exclusive team benefits, including wearing the custom one-of-a-kind team jersey, a team masseuse, and priority access to the Left Hand Brewing Company post-ride celebration tent located at Ashland University on August 1. A team kick-off party, movie night, and training rides throughout the upcoming season are also planned.
To join Team Left Hand/Century Cycles, go to:
The Team Left Hand/Century Cycles Kick-Off Party is open to the public, and attendees will have the opportunity to meet and talk to current team members from both Century Cycles and Left Hand Brewing company, and get more information about joining the team.
- Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Time: 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Location: The Winking Lizard, 3634 Center Road, Brunswick, Ohio
Century Cycles and Left Hand Brewing Company wish to thank the sponsors of Team Left Hand/Century Cycles, which include the following national sponsors:
- Owens-Illinois: The largest glass manufacturer in the world, their World Headquarters is based right in Perrysburg, Ohio – cool! www.o-i.com
- Justin’s: All-natural, high-quality almond butter, hazelnut butter, and peanut butter. www.justins.com
- NUUN: Nuun, pronounced "noon," was the first company to separate electrolyte replacement from carbohydrates. Before Nuun, if you wanted electrolytes, the result was a bottle full of sugar. With their simple, self-dissolving, sugar-free electrolyte tab, they revolutionized the sports drink forever. www.nuun.com
- Tifosi Optics: Tifosi is the Italian word referring to a super-fan, an enthusiast, and that is exactly who we are and who we make our eyewear for! www.tifosioptics.com
- Mountain Khakis: Live life untucked. It’s about the lifestyle. Playful. Spirited. Irrelevant. Mischievous. Passionate. And Soulful. Exactly like Team Left Hand/Century Cycles! www.mountainkhakis.com
- Winking Lizard and Lizardville: These guys are simply the best – not only are they a Northern Ohio legend in terms of great beer, great food, and great service, but they also give back to their community. This year they’re sponsoring all of our events (kickoff party, annual fundraiser, and post-ride party). Be sure to support them whenever you can! www.winkinglizard.com and www.lizardville.net
- Cavalier Distributing: Since 1992, Cavalier has been delivering delicious craft beer to your neck of the woods. One of Left Hand’s longest standing distributor partners, they are what craft beer is all about. And not only are they sponsoring our team, but we hope that several of them will be riding with us as well! www.cavbeer.com
|Team Century Cycles at the 2014 Bike MS Pedal to the Point|